$7 (PDF DOWNLOAD)
Light as a feather, Montelena shows off the clean shapes and bold geometry on the body, embellished by the wide lace border. The Picot bind off makes this piece unique and adds a bit of playfulness.
The yarn is used for this design is Miss Babs Yummy 2-ply. This versatile superwash Merino is wonderful for any kind of neckwear – cowls, stoles, scarves, and of course, shawls!
Approximately 66”/165 cm wingspan; 36”/90 cm depth.
Measurements are taken from relaxed fabric after blocking.
Fingering weight yarn (approximate amount): 680 yds/622 m.
Miss Babs Yummy 2-Ply (100% Superwash Merino Wool; 400 yards/365 m in 115 g), Month of Sundays: 2 skeins.
Size US 4/3.5 mm: 24-32”/60-80 cm circular.
Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain gauge.
Stitch markers, tapestry needle.
23 stitches and 30 rows = 4”/10 cm in charted pattern on size US 4/3.5 mm needle, after blocking.
• This shawl is worked back and forth from side to side, beginning at the narrow tip and ending at the wide edge.
• A circular needle is used to accommodate a large number of stitches.
• Knitters may consider placing markers between chart repetitions.
• Read the chart on RS rows (odd-numbered rows) from right to left; on WS rows (even-numbered rows) from left to right.
• Stitch pattern is charted and has written instructions.